Looking for a career at OPC? See below for a list of current positions available.
The electronic data interchange (EDI) specialist’s main objective is to develop, coordinate, implement, and manage all EDI-related developments for the organization. This position is responsible for analyzing and designing specifications used for enhancements and extensions in EDI applications, interfaces, and mappings. They coordinate all EDI testing, implementations, and upgrades. Additionally, the EDI specialist serves as the primary link between the business and any data-trading partners; they work with all trading partners to determine the type of data they would like to trade and develop guidelines and specifications for data exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up on all failed EDIs daily
- Work with customer service to set up missing pricing information, and help coordinate setup of new partners.
- Establishing contact with business partners
- Analyzing the data exchange between systems
- Observing data records to record any errors, and correcting any failures.
- Work with employees at all levels of their organization to support accurate, proper data exchanges within the organization.
- Assist with any testing to observe and interpret messages received and offer updates to their supervisor, typically a departmental lead or supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field
- At least two to three years of industry experience working with EDI technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and multitasking skills are required.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to easily read and understand complex documents and procedures are necessary as well.
The Staff Accountant to be responsible for journal entries, month-end closing and reconciliations, grower contract review and reporting, as well as some cost accounting and other general accounting duties. This position requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment on significant matters. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and oversight for ledger accounts.
- Complete month reconciliations and financial review.
- Provides in depth analysis of financial results and prepares management interpretations. Collects, analyzes and utilizes key performance metrics critical to the operation’s success. Provides detailed support to corporate management.
- Recommends process improvements and continually looks for cost optimization.
- High aptitude for Financial Analysis
- Effective communication with Management, Co-workers and Vendors
- Customer focused
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Knowledge of subsidiary ledger and general ledger accounting
- Knowledge of software – Windows and MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Familiarity with ERP systems. Experience with Microsoft Navision (not required but considered a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
4 year degree in Finance or Accounting
2+ years in general Accounting preferred